Friday, 28 October 2011

Bitchin' Witches

I've already discussed my love for the Wicked Witch of the West (whom I've purposely excluded from the following list of my favorite witches because she is, without competition, my favorite), but I really do have a love and appreciation for all witches. Be they frightening, beautiful or misunderstood, I just love an evil bitch with a grudge in a cape who knows how to cast spells and brew potions... what more can I say? I figure since Halloween is just around the corner, this is the perfect time to celebrate the witches I adore (some of whom still scare me, just a little).

The Witch from Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre Hansel and Gratel (played by Joan Collins)

















Mommy Fortuna (from The Last Unicorn, voiced by Angela Lansbury)













The Grand High Witch (from The Witches, played by Angelica Houston)
















The Witch (from Into The Woods, played by Bernadette Peters)















Winifred Sanderson (from Hocus Pocus, played by Bette Midler)

No comments:

Post a Comment